Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tackling Dispensationalism – Part I


I have been promising some personal reflections on why I am not a Dispensationalist. I am working on it. It is much easier to have a discussion in person with someone than it is to post criticisms of such a popular and beloved system on a blog. I do not want to be unfair or mean-spirited, but I do want to clearly state my concerns. I don’t want to make enemies, but I do want to promote critical thought.

I must make a disclaimer that I appreciate people from a variety of eschatological views. Some of my favourite authors and speakers do not agree on end times views and I am more than okay with that.

Part of the reason that I have hesitated to jump into my personal critique of Dispensationalism is that I thought it was important to provide some background on Dispensationalism and millennial views in general. I have done studies on Eschatology in my church over the years, but I just haven’t had the time to edit them for a blog post. If you need some background on this topic, please see the article, Charles H. Spurgeon and Eschatology at The Spurgeon Archive and read the article on Dispensationalism. This will save me a lot of work. Thanks.

My first real post will be up shortly.

1 comment:

Paul said...

All this teasing... let's get to the meat, Stauff! :-)