Friday, April 21, 2006

Together for the Gospel - Soon!

Lord willing, I will be in Louisville, Kentucky in three days for the Together for the Gospel Conference. T4G begins with registration on Wednesday afternoon, but I’m arriving on Tuesday night so I hope to be able to recover from the long day of traveling on Wednesday morning.

There are two special events in conjunction with the conference, one just before and one just after. The first, on Wednesday afternoon, is Band of Bloggers, put together by Timmy Brister in Louisville. Timmy says that he has received emails from 250 bloggers who plan to attend. I had no idea that there were that many like-minded bloggers out there!  

The second event is an informational session at Southern Seminary on Friday afternoon which includes a tour and a dessert reception. That should be interesting.

I’m also hoping to be able to have a chat with Dr. Steve Wellum who teaches at Southern. He was my theology professor at ACTS Seminary in Langley. It would be nice to have a Canadian get-together. I don’t know how easy it will be to organize it on site, but I trust we’ll be able to pull off something informal.

Another interesting tidbit that I picked up a couple of weeks ago in the Laurentians is that there are at least eight French Canadian pastors and students planning on attending T4G. One of the reasons that I agreed to sit on the Fellowship French Mission Board is that these people know and appreciate good theology!

I don’t do things like this. I wish I could take some other people with me – particularly my wife! Needless to say, I’m looking forward to this event. Tim Challies will be live-blogging this event, so check his site to keep up with what’s going on starting on Wednesday evening.

No comments: