Sunday, April 16, 2006

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

It is Resurrection Sunday morning. I am looking forward to church today. I don't want to spend much time blogging on this special day, but I would like to point you to an article that you should read. Dr. Mark Dever has written an excellent article on the atonement in Christianity Today (!) magazine. It is an excellent introduction to various theories of the atonement, with a heavy emphasis on the biblical perspective.

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

For (God) has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead. Acts 17:31

No comments: