Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Aught Six

It’s time to get back to routine. The break has been nice, but I’m looking forward to the regular schedule. It has been really hard to blog lately. I haven’t done as much reading as I had anticipated either. Same with the gym – I haven’t been there for a while either. Oh well, that’s the holidays. There’s always something to do – even if that something is loafing around. We’ve done a lot of family activities, and that’s worthwhile.

Sunday night we went out to spend the afternoon and evening with some friends at their home in the country. They have a lovely winter wonderland setup on a pond – rink, skating loop, fire pit, picnic bench, lights, etc. On seeing this setup, a friend of these friends remarked, “It’s better than a beer commercial.” We played some hockey, I did a wild, legs out flop on my back and slightly winded myself, then we went inside and ate again – what fun! It’s been years since I’ve played any hockey (and my legs are sore), but it was grand.

I’m going to post on more serious subjects tomorrow (a link-fest, methinks, as I have lots to report), but my kids have been bugging me to post something. There it is.


1 comment:

Ian Hugh Clary said...

Sorry to do this to you but, tag, you're it!

http://ruminationsbythelake.blogspot.com/2006/01/tagged-eh-5-weird-things.html