Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Update

It's hard to get at blogging sometimes. I was hoping to do my penultimate Dispensationalism post last night, but we had an, uh, adventure in store for us.

For a change, it is not my injury. Our son Josh crashed his mountain bike on a gravel road and broke a bone in his hand. He and I went to our local hospital at about 1:00 pm. When the Dr. here finally looked at it, he said that he wanted us to go to the university hospital in Edmonton, a two-hour drive. We arrived in Edmonton at about 6:00 pm, sat around a whole lot, talked to about 8 different people, and left for home at about 1:15 am. They think Josh's hand will be fine, but the fracture is a bit distended (kinda crooked). He has some ugly road rash too, but it is already looking better.

Of course, there are other reasons that blogging doesn't get done at my planned pace.

New books from Monergism!

This lot includes an ESV To Do Bible, Rapture Fiction by Ian's friend Crawford Gribben and a new Systematic Theology by Robert Reymond.

I will get to my planned blogging, but CG's book is a real page turner.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Get well wishes for Josh from us in Finland! Gotta hurt! Good that all seemed to work out in the end!

Blessings!

Terry said...

Thanks, Christopher.

In the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal, but it is still ironic that I just posted a hymn about trusting God in the difficult times. I'm not sure Josh is thanking me right now ...

Anonymous said...

Actually, it doesn't hurt. It's just more of an annoyance. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Ian Hugh Clary said...

Wow, what a crazy looking injury!! But hey, at least he can still play video games, it can't be all that bad??
Awesome that you got Crawford's book. Mine hasn't come yet. Please blog a bit about it, I'd love to read your thoughts!

C G said...

so would I!

Neil said...

Yeah, what Ian said. As long as the thumbs still work then video games are happening. Get well soon, Josh.