Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Odds and Ends

With my wife, son and daughter all blogging, I'm feeling the pressure to keep up. I really am planning to get back into this seriously, but the weeks just fly by.

Tonight I listened to a message by Josh Harris on 1 Corinthians 10. The series on 1 Corinthians at Covenant Life has been great, but this message particularly is a keeper. It is very practical. I think I may burn a few CDs of this one and pass them around.

Our Suburban never turned up. Yesterday was 30 days and we were given a price by the insurance company right away. Not as high as we hoped, but such is life. Sigh. We're not going to be in a big hurry shopping, because we have a surplus car to sell. Spring is coming (here? Dare I hope?), so maybe it will go soon.

I began a sermon series on the book of Proverbs on the 18th of March - with fear and trembling, I must say. I've been enjoying the studying, but I've had a couple of people say, "This is really different for you." On of those people also said, "I don't think I like it." The challenge is having the Gospel present every week without imposing it on the text. Christ is in Proverbs, I just have to pray hard and work hard at making the connections. I may share some of the things I'm learning soon. I have been doing a ton of reading. Starting a new series always means doing lots of introductory reading in commentaries and lots of juggling to come up with outlines.

Not helping at all with the reading is the fact that my glasses were broken on Friday. I shipped them off to a repair place yesterday. I hope they're back by the end of the week. I'm not blind without my glasses, but it is somewhat off-putting to be squinting all the time. I've felt a little woozy and I'm sure it's my eyes.

That's it for now. I have to go watch the Oilers lose. Again.

2 comments:

John K said...

"That's it for now. I have to go watch the Oilers lose. Again."

C'mon Terry. What about positive confession?

Take Care

Terry said...

Positive confession ... hmmm.

Somebody get Kevin Lowe hooked up to TBN (for next year, we'd need a miracle and a time machine for this year).