Monday, March 12, 2007

Blah Day

I'm feeling a little guilty about my title. With all of God's good gifts in my life, I should be the most thankful guy around instead of grumbling about a blah day.

It's a gray day – snowing and just below freezing. Don't I have a right to complain? No, not really. But, hey, blogging is all about being "authentic," right?

Sure.

I do suffer from Monday morning blahs sometimes. It's an occupational hazard for preachers. Yesterday was a good day, but some Monday mornings I have a hard time doing anything productive. I don't know how other preachers get away with not taking Monday off.

Josh and Emily were at a quiz meet in Red Deer on Friday night and Saturday with their mom/coach and two teammates and their mom. This was their best meet yet. They finished first in division 2. They've been working hard. Josh has memorized several verses in the next chapter (Acts 17) already. I'm very proud of them and delighted with this quizzing program. Over 200 kids met in Red Deer to compete this time.

No word on the Suburban yet. I'm ready to start shopping, but we have to wait for a couple more weeks. There is no point in shopping until we know, a). if it's going to turn up in 30 days, and b). what the insurance settlement will be.

I'm thinking about writing a little more about eschatology, but my heart isn't in it. I may do another quote from Above All Earthly Pow'rs. Wells has an amazing section on the nature of the Kingdom of God that I have been thinking about in the weeks since I read it. A lot of bloggers have said this, but let me add to the chorus of voices urging you to read this book. It's worth the work.

No comments: