Monday, November 13, 2006

Home Again

We are thankful to be home again and thankful for our home after being away for a week and travelling on some nasty winter roads. We went to our Fellowship Baptist National Convention. For your information, the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada is an association of about 500 churches from coast-to-coast.

The convention was in Richmond, B.C., about 1000 km/600 miles from our town of Edson. We all went together in our Suburban, but came back in separate vehicles as I bought a car on the coast. Juanita was a good sport about driving the Suburban back, and was a really good sport regarding the crazy idea of buying an 11 year-old car while at Convention. I have a wonderful wife!

We are all very tired. I have more post ideas that have been building up, but they will have to wait. I'm thankful for a day off and I'm going to take advantage of it.

Oh, for anyone who is curious, we bought a '95 Toyota Avalon. It is a local coastal car, so it hasn't endured harsh winters with salt, rock chips and etc. It is in very nice shape for the age and it drives beautifully. It's quite a luxurious car - it even has heated seats! It also has a rare feature for a Japanese car - a front bench seat and column shift. All six of us will fit, though the 'Burb will still be better for holidays, etc. This passenger capacity was one of the things that attracted me to this car when I found it online.

For anyone reading this, thanks for your patience during my absence!

2 comments:

Garry Weaver said...

Glad you are back. Glad you had a nice trip. It always makes a trip better when you can bring home a car, but a rice burner???

Terry said...

Thanks, Garry.

I understand your disapointment, but I'm more of a pragmatist than a loyalist when it comes to cars. Toyotas have given us great service. Besides, at least one car magazine has dubbed the Avalon
"a Japanese Buick."