Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Pyro on Proverbs

The book of Proverbs has always been something of a mystery to me. I’ve read them several times, but I don’t really understand the genre. I’m not proud of this fact. I’ve known people that have taken seminary courses on this fine book and have benefited greatly. I’d like to someday. When I went to ACTS, a few returning students spoke very highly of a course on Proverbs they had taken with a prof that wasn’t there anymore. I really do need to do some work on this book in the near future.

What primed the pump for this confession was a blog. Dan Phillips over at Pyromaniacs has done an excellent series on Proverbs (Part I, Part II, Part III).  I highly recommend these ‘pump-primers.’ The comments are quite interesting, too, though, not surprisingly, they’re not always on topic.

No comments: