Monday, April 12, 2010

God's Strength Every Day

I was just reading the April 11 comment from D.A. Carson's For the Love of God, Volume I on Psalm 18. Right at the end of the reading, I smiled at this paragraph and read it to Juanita:

Perhaps God does not strengthen us to make war. But in a theistic universe, we confess God gives us strength to write computer programs, to sort out administrative problems, to change yet another diaper, to study the Greek text of the New Testament, to bear up under insult.“The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!” (18:46).

Juanita said that she just read a missionary letter that quoted the same lines. The author said, "I've done all those things! It was like reading a mini biography." It's neat to know that friends around the world are reading the same things.

What is even greater to contemplate is the fact that the saints over the centuries have been reading the same Word of God!

No comments: